Friday, February 10, 2012

Wait what? Sonia has a blog?


Mis Hermanos : Marcela (18), Jimmy (14), Cumanda (5)







Ever since I left for Ecuador last August, the idea of starting a blog has been floating in my mind.


Hugo's Birthday






 



Night before I left, Ariel & Hector
It has been fear that has kept me from doing it, the discomfort of knowing that once something is posted online, it is there forever.







At the same time, I thought it would be worthwhile to share my story, most especially with loved ones, because sometimes I feel like I am better at expressing my thoughts in writing rather than verbally.

At the airport (my host mom Senora Marta, me in the shirt Marcela made that reads, "My Ecuatorian Family" &  my sister Marcela)
From left to right - Hugo, Daysi (18), Ana Lucia, Hector (13), y Ariel (5)
So to you, dear reader, whoever you are, I hope you enjoy this. I am not sure if I have anything particularly interesting to share, but for some reason today just felt like the day to finally create a blog. I do hope that my thoughts and entries can be of help to someone in some way, though I am not sure how. I don't really know what route this blog will take but I suppose I just have to wait and see how things go.





3 comments:

  1. Sonia, I loved getting a glimpse into your experiences in Ecuador...and into the difficult transition back to the US. :)
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Prof. Abbott, I am glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soniaaaaa....Thanks for sending me the blog, I enjoyed reading it! I am glad to see the pictures of your families and express your feelings on the whole trip, its a wonderful idea to have a blog. I think you should keep posting fun experiences from every semester or part of life, this way they last forever in a sense. Although life is just a bunch of experiences, missing them and reflecting on them is not a bad idea, its human nature :)

    ReplyDelete